MT Soccer hosts UTEP and UTSA
9/25/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Middle Tennessee opens up Conference USA play at home with a game against UTEP on Friday, September 26th at 7 p.m. and UTSA on Sunday, September 28th at 2 p.m. at Dean A. Hayes Track and Soccer Stadium.
This will be the first time the Blue Raiders have met UTEP or UTSA in program history. The Blue Raiders have only faced two Texas schools in the team's 18 year history and are 1-4 in the last five years.
Both games this weekend are MT's Pack the House promotions as Friday will have an inflatable, face paintings and a photo booth as well as giveaways for fans.
Middle Tennessee finished its inaugural season in Conference USA with a 3-5-2 record with wins over UAB, FAU and FIU and ties against Old Dominion and 2014 C-USA Preseason favorite Charlotte.BLUE RAIDER BULLET POINTS
• MT has recorded at least three non-conference wins in the last five seasons.
• Middle Tennessee has gone to overtime four times already this season and is 2-1-1 when playing in extra time.
• The Blue Raiders' four overtime games this season is tied for the seventh-most in MT program history. The most overtime games by Middle Tennessee in a season were in 2010 and 2007 when the Blue Raiders had six overtime games.
• Middle Tennessee is averaging 12.4 shots per game, while the Miners average 12.0 and the Roadrunners average 12.8.
• Grace Summers
is leading the Blue Raiders in total shots with 19 this season with 10 of those on goal. Tori Hawkins
is second on the team in total shots with 10, while Hawkins and Angie Lai
have six shots on goal.
• Six Blue Raiders average one shot or more per game this season.
• Middle Tennessee ranks fourth in the conference in saves with 41 saves this season.
• Kelsey Brouwer
is on pace to surpass her 2013 save total of 80 saves. With 4.88 saves per game in 2014 she is projected to collect 88 saves this year.
• Brouwer currently sits in fifth in the MT record books in career saves with 160 saves in her first three seasons with the Blue Raiders. Five more saves would move Brouwer to fourth.
• Fifty-eight percent of the Blue Raiders' shots have come in the second half, while 66 percent of the team's saves come in the second half as well.
• Summers has tallied four of the Blue Raiders' seven goals this season. Compared to this week's opponents, only one player has scored more goals than Summers and that is UTEP's Angela Cutaia who is tied with the third-most goals in C-USA.
• Twenty-five Blue Raiders have seen the pitch this season with 10 players playing in all eight of the matches this season.